|Location||Montfaucon, Paris, France|
|Appearance||Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars|
He thinks his job can take care of itself. He could direct the traffic, the most dangerous this side of Rome or he can sit in the cafe and enjoy the sun, the architecture and his Sauvignon. Even though his job sounds stressful, he looks nothing like it.
Broken Sword: Shadow of the TemplarsEdit
George first meets the Gendarme in Montfaucon, drinking a glass of wine in front of the Café. Even though he is on duty, the Gendarme is taking a break. He sits outside, enjoying the view and the entertainment across the street. George is not here to talk, but to take a look on what is below the square. For that, he needs to distract the Gendarme to have a free path to the sewers.
Broken Sword: The Smoking MirrorEdit
The now-retired policeman is again seen sitting in Montfaucon Square, drinking an alcoholic mixture of wine from the café and absinthe (with is illegal in France). He received a "Bronze Handshake" from the police department due to his terrible work ethic and his failure to protect the Crune Museum.
Topics of ConversationEdit
- In BS1:
- In BS2:
- "Delightful, would you like to see some of my used tissues?" (Broken Sword I)
- George: “I miss being a Gendarme. When I wore that uniform, I commanded respect, not anymore.” (Broken Sword II)
- George once read a list of low stress jobs it didn't include police work. Obviously, this guy hadn’t read the same list.
- From his years of experience he gained a pretty god insight into handwriting. He'd say that note was written by a compulsive-obsessive type with an Oedipus complex. (Regarding André's sick and disgusting note for Nico)
- The Gendarme couldn’t do anything about his early retirement. It was his word against the chief inspector and he was a close friend of the director of the museum He was supposed to be patrolling! It wasn't as if anything important was stolen, just a rusty old tripod. The tripod George returned a few weeks later.